Cashville Skyline Turns One!

It's still dark on the morning on New Year's Eve and I'm listening to a college friend's best songs of 2014 Spotify playlist while I write, which feels appropriate.

I've thought about this post frequently over the past week, but every time I've sat down to write, I've felt overwhelmed by the amount of things that I've wanted to say.

2014 has been transformational for me in so many ways, and the fact that I've been able to share my triumphs and failures publicly has only added to its importance. Exactly one year ago today, I compiled a list of my 2014 goals, held my breath, and published my very first post. One year and eighty-nine posts later, I'm proud to say that I'm still here.

You read about some major life moments: losing a friend to suicide, quitting my job, attending FinCon under my real name, starting a new part-time job, attending weddings, traveling to Jamaica, and my ongoing weight struggles.

Stepping away from the music business has been far easier than I expected. Several months ago, I wrote a guest post that asked if a career in entertainment is worth the sacrifices. After quitting my job, slowing down for a few months to recharge, and transitioning down a promising new career path, I can answer for myself without hesitation: no.

I couldn't be more excited to announce that I've accepted a full-time social media marketing specialist position with a totally rad online marketing / tech company in Nashville. It's a massive career-changing opportunity and I can't wait to get started on Friday!

What should you expect from Cashville Skyline in 2015?

– my complete 2014 budget analysis
– continuing to hold myself accountable on a monthly basis
– quarterly net worth updates
– posts on investing and generating passive income
– learning better ways to lower my taxable income
– travel hacking (losing my Southwest Companion Pass will be rough)
– a more simplified approach to goals
– more collaborations
– improvements as I dig deeper into social media marketing, SEO, content marketing, PPC, and more including an eventual site redesign!

I hope that you'll continue following me through this next chapter in my life. Happy New Year, friends, and thank you! Your support and words of wisdom have shaped me in more ways than you'll ever know.

Readers: What are your plans for 2015?

Enjoying my posts? Follow Cashville Skyline on Facebook, twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!

• Roadmap2Retire December 31, 2014 on 8:11 am

Congrats on accepting the new position in social marketing. Your blog has been great to follow along and rest assured, I will be following along your journey in 2015.

Wish you the best for achieving and surpassing your 2015 goals.

R2R

• Shannon @ Financially Blonde December 31, 2014 on 10:41 am

Congrats on one year Kate!!! It has been a big year for you in a number of ways and I can’t wait to see what 2015 has in store for you. Happy New Year my friend!!

• Sam @ Frugaling.org December 31, 2014 on 11:34 am

Kate,

What you’ve done in 2014 is incredibly impressive! Keep up the great work. I’m amazed at the insight and openness with which you shared your struggles and triumphs.

Look forward to reading on!

Sam

• Income Surfer December 31, 2014 on 11:44 am

Congrats on year one Kate! Looking forward to all those updates from Nash-Vegas. Next month will be one year for IncomeSurfer.com too. Our 2015 should be full of activity, thanks to our little boy. We may start planning for a second child too. We’re looking to explore the northeast on a vacation and add some new streams of passive income.

Time will tell. All the best in 2015 Kate

• Lauren December 31, 2014 on 12:24 pm

Congrats on 1 year, as well as the new job! Hope you have a great 2015- can’t wait to follow along on the blog!

• Michelle December 31, 2014 on 1:05 pm

Congrats on one year! I hope your second year is even better 🙂

• Dividend Mantra December 31, 2014 on 3:06 pm

Kate,

Congrats on the blogiversary and the new position! Sounds like it’s right up your alley. 🙂

Looking forward to seeing you prosper in 2015 and beyond.

Best regards!

• Melissa @ Sunburnt Saver December 31, 2014 on 6:59 pm

Congrats on the blogiversary AND the new job!! Way cool! It sounds great, and a great start to the New Year 🙂

• M from theresvalue January 1, 2015 on 9:42 am

Hi Kate,

Congratulations on your first blogoversary! I’m really happy that you’ve managed to create such a successful blog without driving yourself insane.

2014 has been quite a tough year for many of us, it seems like so many have quit jobs, been bereaved, or undergone otherwise quite big, transitional changes in life.

I wish you all the best for 2015, and I look forward to reading about your future achievements,

Cheers!

• Tonya@Budget and the Beach January 1, 2015 on 10:50 am

Whoo hooo! Congrats on the one year of blogging and the new job!! It’s been quite a year for you, and I’m glad you came out of the blogging closet. It’s so much easier to be yourself I think on your blog than it is to try to remain anonymous! Best of luck in 2015!

• Kassandra January 1, 2015 on 1:12 pm

Already 2015 is looking up for you Kate and that’s great news! Congratulations on blogging for a year and the positive transitions you experienced in 2014.

• Mrs. Frugalwoods January 2, 2015 on 1:02 pm

Congratulations on 1 year, Kate! That’s awesome! And, congrats on your new job–sounds like a really great position. You’ll have to keep us posted on how it goes. Happy New Year to you!

• Erin @ Journey to Saving January 3, 2015 on 1:37 am

Congratulations on your one-year blogiversary and the new position! Lots of exciting things going on for you. =) I hope 2015 is amazing for you!

• Weekly Roundup | Financially Blonde January 3, 2015 on 5:12 am

[…] has struggled with fertility, so it was nice to see this post. Finally, congratulations to Kate at Cashville Skyline on her blog […]

• C@thesingledollar January 3, 2015 on 9:07 am

Many congratulations on your anniversary! It’s been quite a year for you. I love your site and look forward to following along in 2015.

• Melanie @ Dear Debt January 4, 2015 on 12:04 pm

Woo hoo, happy blogiversary! You have had an awesome and crazy year. So glad we could meet and super happy for you about the job. It sounds right up your alley.

• Holding Myself Accountable: The December Review | Cashville Skyline Holding Myself Accountable: The December Review | January 5, 2015 on 5:01 am

[…] Most popular post: Cashville Skyline Turns One! […]

• The January Monthly Budget Review - Cashville Skyline Cashville Skyline The January Monthly Budget Review - Cashville Skyline | April 11, 2015 on 4:27 pm

[…] Most popular post: My Fourth Net Worth Overshare […]

• Taking Social Media By Storm - Raven Blog October 13, 2015 on 12:45 pm

[…] music, comedy and food festivals for the past several years. Kate also manages a personal blog, Cashville Skyline, dedicated to financial […]