Roundup From the Ranch: Funemployment Edition

Roundup Funemployment

It's felt like fall in Nashville lately. I spent yesterday morning sipping homemade cold brew iced coffee on my porch, waiting for a potential buyer from Craigslist to take a look at a piece of furniture I decided it was time to part with.

I've felt more balanced and satisfied this week in ways that I haven't experienced for a very a long time. Taking a few steps back has helped me appreciate how grateful I am for the ability to make such a profound life change.

I've truly enjoyed everything more – conversations with family and friends, listening to music, spending time at home, taking care of my body with exercise and good food, the time to be creative. The future possibilities feel limitless.

On Friday, J. Money was kind enough to feature my bare bones budget post on Rockstar Finance. As if that weren't cool enough, he then sent me a link to the post being featured on Lifehacker!

Not going to lie, I was speed walking on the treadmill and legit screamed “HOLY SH*T!” when I received his email. So unbelievably cool.

Cashville Skyline posts from this week:

Maintaining Your Network is More Important Than Saving Money

Holding Myself Accountable: the (Belated) July Review

Some of my favorite posts from other bloggers:

Tonya from Budget and the Beach shared the eloquent and moving post, Why Do We Wait, a response to the multiple tragedies that touched our lives this week.

Stefanie from The Broke and Beautiful Life penned the thought provoking post, What Gives Worth vs. What Gives Joy. She describes how things that promote her self-worth and things that increase her joy sometimes work against one another.

Bridget from Money After Graduation points out that Your ability to be frugal is limited, your earning potential is not . This is a great reminder for those of us who are less motivated to make more money.

Mr. Frugalwood from The Frugalwoods shared the extremely impressive guide, How To: Cheap Homemade Seltzer with a Modified Sodastream . This is an amazingly creative way to save money on something they regularly enjoy.

Readers: What's the upcoming week have in store for you?

Are you enjoying what you’ve read? Do me a solid by following Cashville Skyline on Facebook, twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!

• Stefanie @ The Broke and Beautiful Life August 17, 2014 on 7:17 am

Congrats on the rockstar finance/lifehacker mention, totally awesome. And thanks for the link love 🙂

• Addison Cash Stefanie @ The Broke and Beautiful Life August 24, 2014 on 6:11 pm

Thanks, Stefanie! It was a fantastic post 🙂

• Mrs. Frugalwoods August 17, 2014 on 7:48 am

Feels like fall here too, which I love. Congrats on the Rockstar Finance and Lifehacker features–that’s awesome! And thank you so much for including our frankenstein-seltzer machine how to :). I really appreciate it! So far, I can report it’s working just swell (drinking some seltzer right now 🙂 ).

• Addison Cash Mrs. Frugalwoods August 24, 2014 on 6:12 pm

You’re very welcome, Mrs. Frugalwoods! That was totally badass!

• Kirsten August 17, 2014 on 7:59 am

Lifehacker!! Wow – congratulations to you 🙂

• Addison Cash Kirsten August 24, 2014 on 6:13 pm

Thanks, Kirsten! Hope the weekend has treated you well.

• E.M. August 17, 2014 on 8:35 am

Congrats on the mentions! I wish it felt like fall here. We had a few cool days, but it’s back to the 90s this week.

• Addison Cash E.M. August 24, 2014 on 6:14 pm

I spoke too soon! It’s been unbearably hot in Nashville over the past week. I haven’t been able to sit on the porch much. Looking forward to the temperature cooling down.

• Tonya@Budget and the Beach August 17, 2014 on 9:10 am

So glad this change has been a positive one for you!! And major congrats on being featured in rockstar finance and lifehacker. I would totally be saying the same thing on the treadmill. lol! Thank you so much for the blog mention as well! Have a great rest of your weekend.

• Addison Cash Tonya@Budget and the Beach August 24, 2014 on 6:14 pm

Thanks, Tonya! Hope you’d had a fantastic weekend.

• Kassandra @ More Than Just Money August 17, 2014 on 9:20 am

Way to go on the feature/mention this week Addison! Even better that you are feeling more at peace of late and much more optimistic.

• Addison Cash Kassandra @ More Than Just Money August 24, 2014 on 6:15 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Kassandra. Much appreciated 🙂

• Even Steven August 17, 2014 on 10:25 am

Congrats on the mention, it’s certainly a great feeling to be recognized!

• Addison Cash Even Steven August 24, 2014 on 6:15 pm

Thanks, Even Steven. Still totally blown away! 🙂

• Melissa August 17, 2014 on 2:58 pm

Whoa, congrats on the Lifehacker mention! That is amazing!! I love Lifehacker, that’s a serious kudos 🙂 I wish it felt like fall here! Wanna trade weather? 😉

• Addison Cash Melissa August 24, 2014 on 6:16 pm

Thanks, Melissa! I guess I shouldn’t have been bragging because Nashville’s been super hot over the past week. 90+ degrees every day. Majorly looking forward to fall.

• Roadmap2Retire August 17, 2014 on 6:04 pm

Congrats on making it to LifeHacker! I hope that resulted in some good amount of traffic and new sign ups & followers.

Best wishes
    R2R

• Addison Cash Roadmap2Retire August 24, 2014 on 6:17 pm

Thanks, R2R! Absolutely! 🙂

• Michelle August 17, 2014 on 9:07 pm

Good job on the Rockstar Finance and Lifehacker mentions. Hope you had a great weekend!

• Addison Cash Michelle August 24, 2014 on 6:21 pm

Thanks, Michelle! Same to you! 🙂

• Michelle August 18, 2014 on 8:54 am

That’s AWESOME! Glad things are calming down and that you are feeling good about your decision. Am looking forward to your upcoming adventures-keep us posted!

• Addison Cash Michelle August 24, 2014 on 6:20 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Michelle! I can’t wait to share what I’ve been up to 🙂

• Natalie @ Financegirl August 18, 2014 on 9:00 am

Congratulations, Addison! That was exactly my reaction when it happened to me haha! I hope you have a great week!

• Addison Cash Natalie @ Financegirl August 24, 2014 on 6:19 pm

Hahaha! I didn’t even care if I was getting weird looks at the gym. Have an amazing week, Natalie!

• Dan @ Our Big Fat Wallet August 18, 2014 on 8:26 pm

Wow, congrats on the Rockstar Finance mention. I was featured on there once and it was pretty cool to see so many people looking at something I wrote

• Addison Cash Dan @ Our Big Fat Wallet August 24, 2014 on 6:18 pm

Absolutely, Dan! Thanks for commenting and I hope you enjoy the rest of the evening.

• debt debs August 19, 2014 on 8:05 am

Congratulations, Addison. Rockstar Finance is awesome but Lifehacker too! Good stuff. Nice to get affirmation like that.

• Addison Cash debt debs August 24, 2014 on 6:18 pm

Thanks, Deb! Definitely incredibly cool.

• Ryan S @ Impersonal Finance August 19, 2014 on 12:04 pm

It certainly doesn’t feel like fall in Nashville today *sigh*. But that’s AWESOME that your post was featured on Rockstar and Lifehacker! Serious congrats!

• Addison Cash Ryan S @ Impersonal Finance August 24, 2014 on 6:17 pm

I know! I definitely spoke too soon. Fingers crossed that it cools off soon. I want to get back out on my bike!